TrainingEvent: Certified Pool/Spa Operator Training (CPO)
Cost: $325 per person
Details: The CPO is recognized nationwide as the leading standard of the swimming pool industry. The CPO seal of approval is assurance to commercial pool and spa owners that their facilities and guests are under the care and supervision of a trained professional. Participants are trained in the most advanced techniques of chemical treatment, filtration, and mechanical system operation and maintenance. You will learn how to:
- Reduce risks in and around the water.
- Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls.
- Address regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain disinfection and water balance.
- Manage water problems.
- Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record-keeping.
- Manage chemical feed.
- Utilize automation and technology.
Course Options:The curriculum of CPO® Certification courses is taught by certified instructors and will cover information from the Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook and local codes. Course completion can occur through the following (each course includes material needed):
Classroom Course: This is a 14–16-hour, two-day program taught by a certified instructor.
Online Format: This online course allows you to take the online Pool Operator Primer and a two-day virtual class of instruction (which can also be taken as a stand-alone refresher course).